Implementation of Oredr Under falling Trees(Control) Act
- Permits should be obtained for falling of Jack, Bread Fruit and female Palmyra trees because yield (nuts) of those trees are used as daily food of human being.
- The Divisional Secretary has authority to issue a permit for falling up to 03 of the above mentioned trees.
- The District Secretary could issue a permit to fall 3 to 15 of those trees.
- If the numbers of those trees are above 15 the Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture could issue a permit on the recommendation of the Divisional Agriculture Committee and the District Secretary.
In order to prevent causing in convenience to the general public by giving effect to the said Act and the order, it has been decided to enforce the following administrative measures to achieve the objectives under the falling of Trees (control) Act and the said order.
Last Updated on Friday, 12 October 2012 16:40
- Given below are instance where permits are issued for falling, pruning or destroying of trees, the cutting of which are controlled by Falling of Act (Control) Act and the requirements to be fulfilled for confirming the same
- Trees in danger to the lives and property.Report obtained through a committee consisting of Environmental Officer, Grama Niladhari and AgriculturalResearch & Production Assistant.
- Trees, falling of which required by a Court Order.
- Certified copy of the Court Order
- Ruling of the Samatha Mandalaya not applicable.
- Trees hampering Government's development programme
- Project report relating to the development programme.
- Report issued by a Committee consisting of Environmental Officer, Grama Niladhari and Agricultural Research & Production Assistant
- Trees stood in a inscribing manner against any construction work approved by the relevant authority view of landscape and size of the
- Construction plan approved by the relevant authority
- Report issued by a committee consisting of an Environment all Officer, Grama Niladhari and Agricultural Research and Production Assistant.
- Trees died under natural circumstances or trees having uprooted
- Report obtained through a Committee consisting of ana Environmental Officer, Grama Niladharai and Agricultural Research and Production Assistant.
- Trees not bearing fruits due to over-aged or with diseases.
- Report obtained through a Committee consisting of Environmental Officer, Grama Nildhari Agricultural Research & Production Assistant
- Trees required for obtaining timber to build by a land owner or his/her child for residential purposes as per construction plan approved by the relevant authority.
- Construction plan approved by the relevant authority.
- Having at least 02 more jack trees – either fruit gearing or exceeding 25 cm in circumference at the chest level in addition to trees expected to be cut down.
- Report obtained from a committee consisting of Environmental Officer, Grama Nildhari and Agriculture Research and Production Assistant.
- Trees required for earning money to meet the expenses for treatment of a critical illness of the land owner or a member of his/her family or to face a similar distressing situation. (Max 03 trees)
- Copies of documents confirming the distressing situation.
- In addition to the trees expected to be cut down, having at least 03 more jack tress- fruit bearing grown up to the size exceeding 02 cm at the chest level.
- Report obtained from a committee consisting of Environmental Officer, Grama Niladhari and Agriculture Research and Production Assistants.