- To encourage the process of national food production, by the increasing of organic fertilizer production, increasing availability of organic fertilizer, and by popularize of organic fertilizer.
- Registration of organic fertilizer manufacturers at district level.
- To conduct compost fertilizer production training programs and workshops through the utilization of organic fertilizer specialized center, which is a section of provincial agri-culture training center at Makandura owned by the Department of agriculture.
- Promote “Saralanka” loan scheme through Farming Community Development Department, for the purpose of creating commercial level Compost fertilizer producers.
- Coordination with the Agriculture Department’s Farm Yard Mechanization Project at Mahailuppallama, in order to introduce suitable machinery for the crops production.
- Coordinate with the Soil Enrichment Level Analytical Project launched all over the island at Grama Officer Division level By the Department of Agriculture.
- Coordination of National Agricultural Ceremonies such as Farmers’ Week, VapMagul Ceremony, and Agriculture Exhibitions.
- Coordination on supply of Agricultural quality seeds, planting materials, and other agro inputs.